If you book an expedition or trip with Himalayan Loop and your booking is accepted by Himalayan Loop then a contract is deemed to exist between you and Himalayan Loop. In these Booking Conditions the words ‘Himalayan Loop ‘, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean or refer to Himalayan Loop. The words ‘client’, ‘you’ and ‘your’ mean or refer to any person who enters into a contract with Himalayan Loop. The words ‘expedition’ or ‘trip’ refers to any event involving skiing, trekking or climbing or any other activity, organized by Himalayan Loop.
1. All bookings made with Himalayan Loop shall be deemed to be made with Himalayan Loop, company number +919816499389, whose registered office is at Manali, Himachal Pardesh, India.
2. To book a place on a trip or expedition you must complete and sign a booking form and post it to Himalayan Loop with the required deposit or sums of money. If your booking is accepted you will be sent a Confirmation Invoice. Payment of any balance due must reach Himalayan Loop no later than eight weeks before the advertised departure date whether or not you receive that invoice.
3. The contract between you and Himalayan Loop will exist from the date on the Confirmation Invoice.
4. If the balance or full payment due is not received by Himalayan Loop by the date specified in the Confirmation Invoice, and unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by Himalayan Loop in writing, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to retain your deposit. We also reserve the right to pursue you for the unpaid balance due.
Prcie changes after you have booked
5. Prices of trips may be altered after you have booked on account of India government action, changes in exchange rates, transportation costs and dues, taxes or fees charged at ports or airports.
6. If price changes are imposed by us as a result of India government action we will charge or refund the consequences of such changes in full.
7. If price changes are imposed by us as the result of changes in the exchange rate, transportation costs and dues, taxes or fees charged at ports or airports. Less than 30 days before the advertised departure date we will neither refund you anything nor make further charge. More than 30 days before the advertised departure date and if the increase or decrease is 2% or less than the basic trip cost, we will neither refund you anything nor make a further charge more than 2% but less than 10% of the basic trip cost, we will refund you the difference or make an appropriate further charge an increase of more than 10% of the basic trip cost. You may cancel your booking; if you do so we will refund all money paid to us in respect of the trip and travel insurance but we will not be responsible for the cost of visas, vaccinations, connecting air flights or other expenses incurred as a result of your booking or your expectation that you would travel on the trip. Changes due to fluctuations in the exchange rate will be based on the budgeted rate of Indian rupee to US Dollar.
Cancellation by you
8. If you wish to cancel your booking you must do so in writing. Notice of cancellation will only be effective from the day such notice is received by Himalayan Loop.
Cancellation on account of significant changes
9. If we are obliged between the date of your booking and the date of departure to make an alteration to the time of departure and if you do not want to proceed with the booking on account of such alterations you may either transfer your booking to another trip without incurring a transfer charge but subject to an appropriate adjustment up or down to the sums payable; or cancel your booking without penalty; if you do so we will refund all money paid to us in respect of the basic cost of the trip but we will not be responsible for other costs as described in clause 7.
Cancellation due to a price increase of 10% or more
10. If we increase the basic price of the trip by 10% or more as described in clause 7 and if you do not wish to continue with the trip, you may cancel your booking and we will refund you all money paid in respect of the basic cost of the trip but we will not be responsible for other costs as described in clause 7. In order to exercise this cancellation right you must ensure that written notice of your intention to cancel reaches the offices of Himalayan Loop within fourteen days of Himalayan Loop issuing notice of such a price increase.
Cancellation for any other reasons
11. Should you cancel for any other reason the following charges will apply:
>> More than 60 days before departure loss of deposit
>> 30 to 59 days before departure 30% of total cost
>> 15 to 29 days before departure 60% of total cost
>> Less than 15 days before departure 100% of total cost.
Cancellation by Himalayan Loop
12. We will not cancel a trip unless we are obliged to do so by ‘force majeure’ such as government intervention, political or civil unrest, flight cancellations or an act of God and other unforeseeable circumstances. The number of fully paid-up bookings needed to operate the trip has not been reached.
13. If we cancel your trip for one of these reasons you will be given the opportunity either to Receive a refund of the basic cost of the trip paid to Himalayan Loop transfer to another trip without charge. If there is a difference in price between the cancelled trip and the trip to which you elect to transfer your booking, we will refund the difference if it is cheaper or invoice you for the supplement if it is more expensive. Any supplement due from you must reach us in accordance with the timetable given in clause 2. No compensation will be paid unless the reason for the cancellation is due to lack of bookings in which case compensation of 40 US dollar per properly booked person will be paid for any cancellation on these grounds which takes place less than eight weeks before the advertised departure date for the trip.
14. If we cancel your trip we will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking or in expectation of the trip taking place such as costs relating to visas, vaccinations, connecting air flights and any other expenses.
15. If you have any special requests you should inform Himalayan Loop before booking or as early as possible before departure. We will try at our own discretion to meet these requests but cannot guarantee to do so and cannot be held liable for our failure to do so.
16. In booking with Himalayan Loop you accept that: Some expeditions take place in countries where we have little control over the quality of internal travel and accommodation arrangements, which may vary in quality and the degree of comfort provided and may also differ from their description given by us in good faith in our brochures, leaflets and website It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter advertised arrangements both before leaving and once the trip has begun. The itineraries given for each expedition must therefore be seen as an indication of what you will achieve and not as a contractual obligation on our part. No refunds will be given if changes for such reasons occur.
Our leaders, guides and representatives have the responsibility and authority to make decisions affecting the well-being and safety of the whole group and of each individual within the group; and that as a result they may require an individual to leave the group without any liability on our part for consequential supplementary expenses and without making any refund. The grounds for such a decision being made may include, but not be confined to, a belief by the leader or guide that an individual’s health or life is at risk an illegal act has been committed someone’s behavior has or is likely to be seriously detrimental to the enjoyment of the trip by the group or detrimental to its well-being or safety.
17. It is understood that if you decide voluntarily to leave the expedition Himalayan Loop has no responsibility for your safety or well being or for any consequential expenses.
18. If you have a complaint about the manner in which we are organizing the expedition you should inform its leader or another Himalayan Loop representative as soon as possible so that they have an opportunity to take appropriate action on the spot. If you feel that the matter has not been resolved satisfactorily and that your enjoyment of the expedition is likely to be significantly affected you should notify the offices of Himalayan Loop in the India from where we will do our best to resolve the situation satisfactorily. It should nevertheless be understood by you that on some expeditions it will not be possible to contact our office and also that there may be occasions when the staff of Himalayan Loop , wherever they are, will be unable to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
19. If after the trip is completed you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with you must notify us in writing within 30 days of its scheduled completion. We will then try to reach an agreement with you.
20. We do not accept liability for any claim arising out of a mishap to yourself or your property (whether insured or uninsured) or a partial or total failure to carry out the contract, which is a result of or attributable to robbery, sickness, wars, riots, strikes, political or civil unrest, government intervention, quarantine requirements, weather, flight cancellations, delays or other unforeseeable or unavoidable occurrences events beyond the control of Himalayan Loop , its staff or agents actions taken by you or other clients of Himalayan Loop actions by parties unconnected to Himalayan Loop the consequences of any independent arrangements that you make.
21. Where Himalayan Loop is found to be liable to damages in respect of failure to carry out its contract the maximum amount of such damages, compensation and loss of enjoyment will be limited to twice the cost of the basic trip shown in the invoice. Where the damages relate to the provision of transport by air, sea or rail or hotel accommodation any compensation payable will be limited by the relevant Conventions.
22. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of our advertising material and information sheets we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
23. We give advice and information on matters such as health, vaccinations, visas, currency, local conditions, climate, equipment, clothing and other matters in good faith and cannot be held responsible for such advice and information. You accept responsibility for all these matters and particularly for obtaining the necessary visas and advice from your own doctor on all health matters.
24. The terms and conditions of this contract will only be waived or varied if such changes are agreed in writing in a letter signed on behalf of Himalayan Loop by one of the Directors of Himalayan Loop.
25. The terms & conditions of all agreements made with Himalayan Loop shall be subject to and governed by Indian law and you shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian court.