A seven-day, very strenuous, dramatic hike crossing the mountain passes at Kandi Galu (3627m), and Phangchi Galu (4636m). Incredible vistas. Must be in excellent physical condition as very demanding with elevation ascent of 2000 meters and 1500 meters descent in one day (total up-down, 3,500 m in one day!).
Season: April to October
Leadership: Local Leader
Minimum Group Size: Minimum 4 Pax
Maximum Group Size: Maximum 12 Pax
Cost per person: On Request
Detailed Tour Program
Neuli (1650m) – Bhagi Kashahri (2600m). Morning visit to Manu (2200 m) Temple. Evening at village school site. Moderate ascent. Distance: 23 kms.
Bhagi Kashahri to Subli (3300m). Strenuous ascent in early morning (3600 m). Pass through Kandi Galu notch (3627m). Distance 17 kms.
Subli to Dwada (3150m). Relatively easy hike passing through birch forests and meadows. Distance 6 kms.
Rest Day at Dwada: Beautiful meadow surrounded by steep mountain valleys and flowing Jiwanal River. Peaceful and good place to rest after long hike from Subli.
Rest Day Dwada: Day hike up to Surtu Glacial Pond in Khandedhar with dramatic mountain backdrops. Opportunities for wildlife observation including Brown Bear, Snow Leopard, etc. Distance: 20 kms. round trip.
Dwada to Chippi (3550m): Very strenuous day. Crossing Phangchi Galu Pass (4636 m) below Khandedhar into Parvarti Valley. Continuous steep ascent over rock scree, boulders, and very narrow paths into high alpine meadows, then higher lichen environments. Can be cold and windy. Descent from Phangchi Galu can have deep snow pack and should be done with great care as steep drops and potentially very dangerous. Sublime peace at the higher elevations. Stressful on knees coming down! Distance: 23 kms.
Chippi to Pulga: Easier descent back into forests and meadows, ending at village of Pulga. Distance: 18 kms
The Total Price Includes
- Domestic Flight Ticket to and from Kullu-Delhi.
- All accommodation in the above mentioned properties (4 star + heritage hotels).
- All trek logistic support: porters, cooks, personal porter (to carry client’s main clothing and gear pack of each trekker).
- All meals during trek/tour.
- All ground transport in deluxe a/c Qualis Jeeps.
- A fluent English-speaking guide who will be with you from Day 01 to Day 15.
- All entrance fees to monuments in Delhi, all Great Himalayan National Park admission and Park Video & Camera fees.
- A list of required and suggested gear needed by trekkers will be provided to participants.
The Above Rates Do Not Inclludes
- International round-trip flight tickets from abroad to Delhi.
- RT airfare Delhi-Kullu Valley
- Changes in programs or flight schedules due to reasons like climate and geographical hazards
- Travel and flight insurance, emergency medical repatriation charges. Required by Great Himalayan National Park.
- Expenses of personal nature including: liquor/drinks, telephone calls, shopping, etc.
- Tips to porters and trekking staff.
- Any items not mentioned above
Enquire about this trip now