Tirthan Valley Trek
Bounded to the East by the Himalayan Mountains, the Great Himalayan National Park (GHNP) forms part of the boundary between four ecological zones: (1) the dry deserts of interior Asia and the well-watered lowlands of the Indian plains, (2) the Oriental and Pale arctic faunal realms, (3) the high plateau of Tibet and the jumbled Himalayan peaks, and (4) the catchments of the Beas and Sutlej Rivers, both mighty tributaries of the Indus. Because of its complex geography and its great variations in altitude, the limited area of the Park encompasses an enormous range of species, which span the subtropical to the alpine and include those characteristic of the south-east Asian forests as well as those found across Siberia and the Asian steppes. Few ecological sanctuaries present such a variety of wildlife habitat and biological diversity in such a small area.
Described aptly as a trek for beginners, this particular trek takes you across remotest villages ( still without electricity) , dramatic landscapes and beautiful villages. The walk is mild and has been described by the past first time trekkers as just the right mix of culture, adventure and trekking.
Season: April to October
Maximum Altitude: 4500 at Saketi
Leadership: Local Leader
Minimum Group Size: Minimum 4 Pax
Maximum Group Size: Maximum 12 Pax
Cost per person: On Request
KULLU / DELHI
Moderate to Strenous
Detailed Tour Program
Early morning arrival at Aut tunnel in Volvo .Transfer to Sainj Rest House for freshening up and pre trek preparations . Onwards trek to Chengah camp Site in the Sainj Valley Wildlife Sanctuary . Bird watching trail . Evening bonfire dinner and stay at Chengah in tents. Distance from Aut to Sainj : 1and half hour / Sainj to Neuli I hour Neuli to Chengah 3 hours ( 8 km)
The first long day you have a moderate accent to Shakti, which acclimatizes the trekkers for the trek. We cover a distance of almost 14 Kms going along the Sainj Nala on to Shakti at 2100 meters. o/n Shakti @ Trekkers hut
Shakti Village to Lapah campsite (2800 meters) at lower meadow bridge in Humkhani forest. This forest is home to the endangered king of the birds the Western Tragopan. (In the villages close to GHNP, the local name of Western Tragopan is Jujurana (Juju means bird and rana means king) i.e. the king of the birds. There is a local legend that the Lord created this pheasant and all the birds in the universe donated a feather each to give it color and unparalleled beauty. The male is one of the world’s most spectacular birds: black on the head, a deep crimson on face and mantle and orange on breast, the black belly and dark wings are spangled with star-like white specks. The female is dull brown. Though rare, with luck we might see them. O/n Camp
Lapah to Shangrah Campsite Today we climb uphill through a thick forest to the magnificent Shangarh Thatch. The thatch is a beautiful high and wide meadow. There are great mountain vistas and opportunities for observing wildlife. The trek halts here for a rest day to explore the wildlife and the surroundings. O/n camp
(Extended Tour Option of moving to Saketi and climbing Yeshe Peak or Chakri Peak for the mountaineers if so the trek halts here for a three days to explore the wildlife and the surroundings. Opportunities for individuals to explore the highest reaches of the GHNP, climb, photograph, write, draw…. whatever!
Shanngrah Village visit and onwards to neuli for catching a cab to Sai Ropa Tourist Center: Our day hikes would be spent on decent through dense forest, walnut trees, medicinal herbs, etc. We would also visit the Jogni (outdoor prayer site) to have a magnificent view of the peaks of the GHNP. Once back at Neuli we would catch the cabs onwards to Sai Ropa Forest Rest House whiere we relax , have a presentation on GHNP, meet with Director of the Park.
Morning visit the Biodiversity trail . Rest Day at the Tirthan Valley to exlore , Evening departure by Volvo Bus to Delhi. One can also stay overnight and leave for the airport in the morning.
The Total Price Includes
- Domestic Flight Ticket to and from Kullu-Delhi.
- All accommodation in the above mentioned properties (4 star + heritage hotels).
- All trek logistic support: porters, cooks, personal porter (to carry client’s main clothing and gear pack of each trekker).
- All meals during trek/tour.
- All ground transport in deluxe a/c Qualis Jeeps.
- A fluent English-speaking guide who will be with you from Day 01 to Day 15.
- All entrance fees to monuments in Delhi, all Great Himalayan National Park admission and Park Video & Camera fees.
- A list of required and suggested gear needed by trekkers will be provided to participants.
The Above Rates Do Not Inclludes
- International round-trip flight tickets from abroad to Delhi.
- RT airfare Delhi-Kullu Valley
- Changes in programs or flight schedules due to reasons like climate and geographical hazards
- Travel and flight insurance, emergency medical repatriation charges. Required by Great Himalayan National Park.
- Expenses of personal nature including: liquor/drinks, telephone calls, shopping, etc.
- Tips to porters and trekking staff.
- Any items not mentioned above
Enquire about this trip now